Tuesday, November 6, 2007

#18 Web-based Apps: They're not just for desktops

I've just been playing with Zoho. I can see that this would be a terrific tool for someone who was moving around a lot and needed access to the types of programs that Zoho has and they didn't have their own PC or didn't have access to it for some reason. I liked the way you can download a copy onto your PC if you wish and found I can do most things I can do with MSWord. However I found downloading and up loading stuff painfully slow, especially when inserting a picture, which I think would effect your productivity greatly. So I guess I won't be trading in my Office Suite on my PC anytime soon.

Also had a look at Google Docs and Spreadsheets. Of the two I think I prefer Zoho as it was a little more intuitive to use. Also had a bit of a play with the spread sheets. Same comments as above.

No comments: